The Last Boyfriend

The Last Boyfriend - J.S. Cooper I'm not sure what to say about this one... THE LAST BOYFRIEND just did not deliver for me. I could not connect with the characters at all and the entire booked lacked substance. The male protagonist, Zane, was a dick and had zero character development until the last few sentences of the book where he all of the sudden went from 'I don't do girlfriends, relationships or love' to all hearts, flowers and I love you's. All of this with literally, a turn of the page and no reasoning behind it.

All of the characters seemed to be bipolar actually, running from hot to cold with the drop of a hat. The female protagonist, Lucky, was naive and incredibly unbelievable in her actions. The leading characters feelings and inner workings, especially Zane's, could have really used some major expanding on. Neither of them were fleshed out well and there was nothing for me to grab onto as a reader. The story-line seemed rushed in a lot of areas as well, the character development being only one.

The only good thing I can say about THE LAST BOYFRIEND is at least it was a kindle freebie and I didn't pay for it. :(