Bared to You

Bared to You  - Sylvia Day I want to give a little warning/suggestion to other readers; do not read Bared to You immediately following the Fifty Shades trilogy (Which I loved.) That was my mistake. Bared to You almost mirrored Fifty exactly. Every-other page it seemed there was a character development, revelation or scene that was akin to what happened in the Fifty Shades books with Ana and Christian. So many similarities that Bared to You lacked originality. I don't want to compare the books, because I don't like to do that, but unfortunately you can't help it here. And that Sylvia Day is such a phenomenal writer, it made this even more disappointing for me.

But despite the monumental similarities, I did like the hero and heroine of the story, Gideon and Eva, individually. They were tortured characters with some fantastic layers that tugged at my heart strings, even the secondary characters were great. Eva and Gideon together though was another story. Their sexual relationship and physical chemistry was off the charts hot, and I'm talking having a change of panties on hand is a must hot, outside of the bedroom their relationship fell flat though. It lacked depth, an emotional connection and believability. I just couldn't buy into it. The story itself did move at a good pace with a fast, steady flow but overall this one just wasn't for me. I'm not sure if I would pick up the next book; I'm curious to see if I'll have the same feelings for it or if the author will switch it up a bit and make the story her own but I don't want to read the same thing over again.

I will say though, if you haven't read the Fifty trilogy (or read it recently) and enjoy erotic romance with tortured characters, smoking love scenes and don't mind a history of sexual abuse between both of them and the issues that brings up, you might want to give this one a try and form your own opinion on it. It was a quick read despite it's 300+ pages and I was able to finish it in a day.

You can check out Fiona's full review of this title at Reading Between the Wines. She has a different view on it from someone who hasn't read the Fifty trilogy yet. ;)