Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire - Trish McCallan Forged in Fire was a non-stop, twisting ride of action, intrigue and suspense, that left me on the edge of my seat the entire journey!
Lt. Commander Zane Winters is waiting to board a flight with two other team members to Hawaii when he has a vision of their deaths. Use to his strange psychic abilities, everyone is on instant alert, especially when a strange woman approaches them with a crazy tale about a dream, hijackers and all their deaths. But what really catches Zane’s attention is the instant and complete pull towards her and the knowledge that this woman is the soul mate he has been waiting a decade for.
When Beth Brown wakes up from a bloody nightmare she blows it off as a bad dream until the things that played out there start happening to her. Then when she recognizes the three men that she watched die in her dream, Beth knows that she must do something to stop that plane from taking off.
Teaming up to stop the hijackers Beth, Zane and his team discover an intricate plot of kidnapping, blackmail, murder and a complex scheme that reaches far beyond the people set to board the plane. But with when highest officials seem to be compromised, who can they trust to help them end it?

Forged in Fire is a fabulous romantic suspense with sexy SEALs and a psychic twist that I absolutely loved! The plot was fast paced and intense, with nasty evildoers, mysterious villains pulling the strings, and a country wide conspiracy. Dark, gritty and not at all a light romance, this novel played out like an action movie. Well written, the scenes and characters were brought to life on the pages.

I loved hero and heroine, Zane and Beth. Zane is the total package in alpha hero and with a paranormal twist to his heritage that added an extra dimension; though I would have liked to see more of the history behind his and his family’s abilities. Beth doesn’t start off as a butt kicking heroine, but she is determined and does not back down to anything that comes her way, including an over-bearing psychic male. The romance between these two was slow to build which lent it believability but once things started heating up, whoa baby! My heart was pounding and I was gasping for air like a fish out of water!
The secondary cast plays important roles throughout the story, deeply entwined in the plot, and each of them intrigued me. I can’t wait to see what happened next with Cosky, Rawls and Mac!

The only thing that made me want to throw my Nook across the room was the ending. It ended EXTREMELY abruptly. I didn’t believe it was the end at first, I thought I was missing something. The author left a major cliff hanger, you are literally left dangling off the jagged edge and I really wanted to get some quality time between Beth and Zane, after such a crazy adventure I think they deserved it and would have leveled out the romance better. Besides that though, Forged in Fire was a superb read that I’d recommend to any romantic suspense fan!