Star Crossed Seduction

Star Crossed Seduction - Jenny  Brown Jenny Brown puts a unique twist on romance with astrology in her latest historical romance release, Star Crossed Seduction.
This is the second book in a new Astrology series for Ms. Brown and it made a wonderfully stand alone. To be honest, I had no clue that it was a second in a series until I started to write this review. Lol Though I didn’t love this book I did like it quite a bit. The concept was intriguing, a historical romance based on astrology which was a skeptical thing back then. I adored Ms. Brown’s writing style which was very poetic and fluid, weaving together a dark and heavy plot of royal intrigue and government subterfuge with a romance rife with deception and distrust. Though I did enjoy the concept I was unable to connect with the characters or even picture them in my head. Also, Temperance and Trev’s relationship lacked realism for me. They were so back and forth with each other and constantly suspicious, it was hard to believe that they were so much in love in such a short time when they couldn’t trust one another. The story also gets over detailed in the astrology department for those unfamiliar with it which can be confusing and take away from the actual story arc.
Over all though, Star Crossed Seduction was still a good read and I would recommend it to someone looking for a different kind of historical romance.