Dazed: A Connections Novella

Dazed: A Connections Novella - Kim Karr I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with just how much I loved Dazed. Novella's in between series that feature different characters then those that starred in the first two books are difficult, but Kim Karr pulled it off flawlessly.

We were introduced to Aerie Daniels at the beginning of the Connections series as Dahlia London's best friend. Smart, beautiful, and a little OCD, she was an interesting character and a good friend to Dahlia. Jagger Kennedy is River Wilde's cousin that was introduced in the new epilogue found in Torn's, book two, paperback release. A former model new to L.A. and looking to score a leading role in the movie about Aerie's uncle Ian. There is an instant connection between Aerie and Jagger, one that confuses Aerie with it's intensity but she is helpless to fight. Setting aside her fears of love is difficult for Aerie, but there is something about Jagger that makes her want to step outside her protective little shell and try things she would have never before tried on her own. Stepping outside of that shell though leaves Aerie vulnerable to heartbreak, and when Jagger's past suddenly arrives in L.A. she questions whether it's all worth it. Can Jagger convince Aerie that she isn't just a rebound girl to him?

Dazed was a short but satisfying story that I devoured in one sitting. You can read this as a stand-alone but you'll enjoy it so much more as part of the Connections series. The story was beautifully written, filled with emotion, and read like a full-length novel. I really fell in love with Aerie and Jagger. The dialogue between characters was entertaining and the silence soul touching. I also enjoyed seeing more of Dahlia and River, and was so happy to see their marriage going strong. Dazed is a wonderful addition to the series and I am looking forward to more.