The Wolf Within

The Wolf Within - Sondrae Bennett Sondrae Bennett story telling is consistent and precise which makes her Alpine Woods Shifters series just that much more enjoyable!

Brendan has known since he was eighteen that Julie Callahan was his mate, despite her being only human, but with her four years younger than him, Brendan knew that he had to be patient and wait for her to spread her wings and mature. When Julie returns the Alpine Woods after college though, all bets are off and Brendan is not going to let her walk away again. But as the only human in an alpha wolf family, Julie has her share of insecurities and can’t see why a sexy and dominate wolf would want her for more than just a fling. Can Brendan convince Julie that she has more to offer him then any shifter could? When a stranger threatens her and the entire pack though, will Julie's acceptance come too late for Brendan to save her in time?

This series of novellas just keeps getting better and better with each new release! Full of suspense, emotion, tension and sensuality, The Wolf Within kept me turning the pages until the very end. The author’s writing easily flows from the pages captivating the reader and immersing them into the lives of these dynamic characters. Each novella is perfectly set up as a stand-alone but you will be missing some great stories by skipping the first two, Arctic Winds and Chasing Paradise.

Brendan and Julie’s relationship moved at a quick and fiery pace but a prior past together makes this easily believable. Both characters were well rounded, which is oft times hard to find in such short novellas. The main plot had an interesting mystery and a few minor twists that kept me guessing as to who the villains were. The entire Callahan family is present in The Wolf Within, which I loved. They also learn some important lessons in this story and I can’t wait to see more of them. The romance between Brendan and Julie was hot and steamy and sometimes humorous, I found myself smiling a lot throughout my reading.

Another great addition to the Alpine Woods Shifters series and a must read for paranormal romance fans who enjoy novellas.

*Sexual Content: Recommended for adult readers looking for some hot werewolf action to heat up these cold winter nights!