Dark Deception

Dark Deception - Suzanne Rock 3.5 Stars

This was a good and quick read with plenty of erotic scenes- twosomes, threesomes, backdoor, some bondage, lots to get you all hot and bothered with.
The story flowed nicely and I was captivated by the Immortal Realm which consists of vampires, werewolves and fey. Enrique was a fabulous alpha hero that gives up his humanity for the women he loves only the have her leave with his enemy. Unknowing that Maria did it to protect him and her very aggravating brother; he bides his time getting stronger and learning the dark arts to exact his revenge on her and her master.
Maria is a bit of the ‘heroine in distress’. She is indebted to an evil vampire, Carlos, for her and her brother’s lives and agrees to seduce a council member in order for Carlos to glean information about the council’s actions and implement war against them. Unbeknownst to Carlos though, she develops deep feelings for Enrique that compromises her mission and she walks a delicate line of deception between the two.
The plot is unique and had excitement, adventure, betrayal and subterfuge that kept me entertained. Though for some reason I was easily distracted from the story, I think it was because I felt that the main characters could of used more development with their relationship together. There was no doubt that they had chemistry but I would of liked to see more of their emotional journey along with their sexual escapades. I did like the ending though. =)
If you like your vampires scorching hot and are looking for a quick read then I would recommend Dark Deception.