Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas)

Make Mine a Bad Boy - Katie Lane Another exciting romance from new author Katie Lane set in the heart of Texas!

After five years in L.A. trying to make it as an actress, Hope finally returns home, and to her back up plan – marrying her childhood sweetheart and town hero, Slate Calhoun. When she gets there though, she not only finds a twin sister that she didn’t know about, but the man she planned on marrying falling in love with her instead! Now she has to bury her jealousy and crushed dreams and attend their happy wedding. But when Colt Lomax pulls up on his motorcycle crashing her sister’s wedding, Hope’s day goes from bad to worse.
Colt Lamox was always the bad boy of Bramble, Texas and despite his success in L.A. over the last eight years; he doesn’t want anyone thinking any different of him. But after a run in with Hope he can’t help but return to his hometown, especially when hearing she’s about to marry another man.
These two rub each other like oil and vinegar but there’s no denying the passion that’s always been between them, but will they surrender to it? And when an unexpected complications pops up, will it bring them closer together or push them farther apart?

I didn’t think that anyone in Deep in the Heart of Texas could be up to par with Slate from Going Cowboy Crazy, but Colt was just as fabulous. Motorcycle bum, owner of Desperado Customs, black attire, sexy boots and a witty, sarcastic attitude, this bad boy definitely stole my heart.
With a heartbreaking upbringing, Colt has finally made something of himself though he still carries a chip on his shoulder thinking of himself still as that kid from the wrong side of the tracks, and having Hope continually shut him down while making puppy dog eyes at the town hero doesn’t help his confidence. Yet he still rallied around his town and it’s citizens when they needed it, taking the role of leader and surprising them all. Colt’s smart, sexy, quick-witted, funny, determined; well, everything about him was endearing.
Hope on the other hand, I didn't care for. Though by the end I warmed to her somewhat, I still thought she was a loud, annoying, spoiled brat with a bad attitude. And really, the town’s whole idolism with her left me baffled.
Colt & Hope’s relationship was a roller coaster ride though and because of my interest in Colt, really captivated my heart.
The story is fast paced with an easy plot, entertaining dialogue and a quirky little town. And this crazy town of Bramble, Texas really kept me on my toes, wondering what in the world they were going to do next in effort to ‘help’ their little Hope along.
Despite the fact that I wasn’t at all into the heroine; the hero, prior main characters, side characters and surroundings really made up for that and I enjoyed Make Mine a Bad Boy immensely. I’m hoping Lane has another book planned for this delightful series.