Captured by the Highlander

Captured by the Highlander - Julianne MacLean Julianne MacLean’s superb writing style magically brings the wilds of the Scottish Highlands to life in Captured by the Highlander.

I really enjoyed the story of Duncan and Amelia, they are both fantastic characters that I found myself deeply invested in right away. They were the perfect fit for each other.
Amelia started out innocent and naive, believing someone on their words alone but Duncan opened her eyes to the way of the world, not in a harsh way, though being abducted was a big eye opener for her. She continues to try to see the good in everyone throughout, which is an endearing quality of her character and she leaves the story being a brave and strong women.
Duncan is a multi-faceted character dedicated to his country and clan, walking the thin line between his duty and his feelings. He seeks revenge for the brutal murder of his betrothed but Amelia shows him that there is more to live for then bloody battles and death. He is also sexy, domineering and lusty; in other words yummy. ;) Their relationship runs an emotional gauntlet and was well told.
The storyline flowed seamlessly from the pages with entertaining little sub-plots throughout that, though small, l had a wonderful effect on the over all story. Several surprises were thrown in that I was not expecting and added an exciting element that left me wondering as to what the outcome would be.

Towards the end, the story started feeling rushed, we would skip days and weeks at a time and then a pivotal part of the ending was glossed over. But the ending itself was wrapped up nicely and I am looking forward to continuing this trilogy and finding out what will happen with a few other sexy highlanders.

Captured by the Highlander was a book that I couldn’t put down until I finished it and I would definitely recommend it to historical romance and highland warrior lovers looking for a strong and sexy highlander to read about with a well-matched heroine and a satisfying story to go along with him.